Books related to Audubon, John Gould, and other topics
Books about Audubon, Original Octavo Qudrupeds edition, Volair edition, John Gould, and related topics
A list of books related to Audubon and John Gould available for sale, including a Octavo 1st Edition of Quadrupeds of North America. These are used books - - either ex-library copies or personally owned.
Please contact us for detailed condition reports and pictures before purchasing.
(1) Original Audubon Octavo 1st Edition "The Quadrupeds of North America" three volume set by John James Audubon and Rev. John Bachman. Volume I (1849); Volume II (1851); and Volume III (1854). $7,500
(2) Volair Edition of the "The Complete Works of Audubon", 10 Volumes of the Audubon Octavo Editions of Birds and Quadrupeds. 75th Anniversary Edition of the National Audubon Society, published in 1978. Birds of America (Volumes 1 to 7) in a slipcase, and Quadrupeds of North America (Volumes 8 to 10). In very fine condition. $400
(3) "The Life of John James Audubon, the Naturalist". Edited by His Widow. New York : G. P. Putnam & Son 1869, $15
(4) "Audubon, The Kentucky Years", L. Clark Keating, The University Press of Kentucky, 1976, $15
(5) "Up the Missouri with Audubon, The Journal of Edward Harris", Edited by John Francis McDermott, University of Oklahoma Press, 1951, $15
(6) "The Essential John James Audubon" by Annette Blaugrund, Harry N. Abrams, Inc, New York, 1999. Dust jacket missing. $10
(7) "The Art of Audubon / The Complete Birds and Mammals / John James Audubon/ With an Introduction by Roger Tory Peterson", Times Books, ISBN 0-8129-0841-4, 1979. $12
(8) "The Birds of America / John James Audubon / With A Foreword and Descriptive Captions by William Vogt", The MacMillan Company, New York, 1961. $12
(9) "The Ruling Passion of John Gould / A Biography of the British Audubon" by Isabella Tree, Grove Widenfeld, New York, 1991. $8
(10) "Birds of Asia / 160 Colour-Plates from the Lithographs of John Gould", Text by A. Rutgers, Methuen & Co Ltd, 1969, $20
(11) "Bamber Gascoigne / How to Identify Prints / A complete guide to manual and mechanical processes from woodcut to ink-jet", Thames and Hudson, ISBN 0-500-23454-X, 1995, $8.00