Gallery Policies and Terms of Sale
(1) Prior Sale: All items are subject to prior sale.
(2) Prices: The item prices are subject to change anytime.
(3) Purchase: After you make your selection, please contact us for an Invoice that will include shipping charges. Please do not submit payments until you get an invoice from us.
(4) Authenticity: We guarantee the authenticity of the prints listed in this gallery. A signed Certificate of Authenticity will accompany each 19th and 18th century antique print. We have also provided a primer on how to identify original Audubon prints.
(5) Returns: If you are not happy with your purchase of any print(s), the print can be returned to the gallery in 10 days (including weekends and holidays) from the date of delivery to your address, at your own expense and insured for the full purchase price. The full purchase price (excluding insurance and shipping costs) for the print will be refunded only if the print is in identical condition as it was when shipped by us. (Also see Damaged Shipment below). To minimize the chances of returns, we provide detailed Condition Reports (including high-resolution images) of the antique prints before the purchase, so that the customer knows exactly what they are buying.
(6) Shipment: To minimize shipping expenses, we will use Ground Shipping (FedEx, UPS or USPS), within the continental USA. For shipping outside the continental USA and to foreign countries, please ask for a shipping quote.
(7) Shipment Charges: Shipping of double elephant folio size prints (~40" x ~ 26") in a flat pack or flat box (highly recommended for the Havells and Bien edition prints) to addresses within the continental USA can run between $125 to $150, including insurance. Shipping that includes frames will add more to the expense. The Vatican mural copperplate engravings and the 20th century Audubon Havell edition facsimiles can be shipped in a sturdy wide tubes at much less expense (about $25). Smaller octavo edition prints could be shipped by USPS Priority Mail with Signature Confirmation for about $15. The shipping charges for the other prints will be in between. Shipping charges to foreign countries will be higher; please ask for a shipping quote.
(8) Damaged Shipment: If a shipment arrives in damaged condition, please immediately notify us by E-mail, and please take good quality photos of the package showing the external damage to the package, BEFORE OPENING THE PACKAGE ! It is important to provide ample evidence to the carrier (FedEx, UPS, or USPS) that the damage occurred while the shipment was in carrier's possession. Next, carefully open the package and please take photos while examining damage to the prints. All these photos will be needed by the carrier and the insurer to process damage claims for damaged art work. Please be advised that the carriers and insurance companies are notoriously slow in processing damage claims, and it could take a few weeks before getting the check from the company.
(9) Payment: All payments have to be in US Dollars only. Payments in other currencies are not accepted.
Payments can be made with: (i) personal checks on US Banks, (ii) Cashier's Checks on US Banks, (iii) electronic Bank-to-Bank wire transfer, (iv) Major Credit Cards issued by US Banks (Visa, MC, and American Express), and (v) by PayPal (Note: PayPal has a $10,000 limit for each "Single Transaction" on "verified accounts". Thus, it might become necessary to make two or more smaller payments for items over $10,000, if paying by PayPal). For personal checks, the items will be shipped only after the check clears the Bank (typically 7 to 10 business days).
(10) Import Duties: Buyers in foreign countries are responsible for handling their country's Customs Department issues and paying all import duties.