Gallery Policies and Terms of Sale
(1) Prior Sale: All items are subject to prior sale.
(2) Prices: The item prices are subject to change anytime.
(3) Purchase: After you make your selection, please contact us for an Invoice that will include shipping charges. Please do not submit payments until you get an invoice from us.
(4) Authenticity: We guarantee the authenticity of the prints listed in this gallery. We have also provided tips on how to identify original Audubon prints.
(5) Returns: If you are not happy with your purchase of any print(s), the print can be returned to the gallery in 10 days (including weekends and holidays) from the date of delivery to your address, at your own expense and insured for the full purchase price. The full purchase price (excluding insurance and shipping costs) for the print will be refunded only if the print is in identical condition as it was when shipped by us. (Also see Damaged Shipment below).
(6) Shipment: To minimize shipping expenses, we will use Ground Shipping (FedEx, UPS or USPS), within the continental USA. For shipping outside the continental USA and to foreign countries, please ask for a shipping quote.
(7) Shipment Charges: Shipping of double elephant folio size prints (~40" x ~ 26") in a flat pack or flat box (highly recommended for the Havells and Bien edition prints) to addresses within the continental USA can run between $110 to $150 including insurance. Shipping including frames will add more to the expense. The Vatican mural copperplate engravings and the 20th century Audubon Havell edition facsimiles can be shipped in a sturdy wide tubes at much less expense. Smaller octavo edition prints could be shipped by USPS First Class with Tracking for about $7. The shipping charges for the other prints will be in between. Shipping charges to foreign countries will be higher; please ask for a shipping quote.
(8) Damaged Shipment: If a shipment arrives in damaged condition, please take good quality photos of the package showing the damage to the package, BEFORE opening the package. Next please take photos while examining damage to the prints. These photos will be needed by the shipper and the insurer to process damage claims for damaged art work. Please be advised that insurance companies are generally slow in processing damage claims, and it could take a few weeks before getting the check from the company.
(9) Payment: All payments have to be in US Dollars only. Payments in other currencies are not accepted.
Payments can be made with: (i) personal checks on US Banks, (ii) Cashier's Checks on US Banks, (iii) electronic Bank-to-Bank wire transfer, (iv) Major Credit Cards issued by US Banks (Visa, MC, and American Express), and (v) by PayPal (Note: PayPal has a $10,000 limit for each "Single Transaction" on "verified accounts". Thus, it might become necessary to make two or more smaller payments for items over $10,000, if paying by PayPal). For personal checks, the items will be shipped only after the check clears the Bank (typically 7 to 14 business days).
(10) Import Duties: Buyers in foreign countries are responsible for handling their country's Customs Department issues and paying all import duties.